Vitamins K + D - better together. Vitamins K and D work synergistically to improve bone density. Vitamin D is required for the absorption of minerals such as calcium while K is needed to direct the minerals to the right place, preventing an inappropriate calcification of soft tissues. Natural Factors Vitamin K + D provides 120 mcg of vitamin K2 as MK-7 (the most effective type of K2) along with 1000 IU of vitamin D3 in each softgel.
- Helps in the normal development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Increases calcium absorption and helps guide calcium into bones
- Helps build strong bones and teeth
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Inhibits the calcification of arteries and other soft tissues
- Provides double-action support for bone and vascular health
- Ideal to use alongside calcium supplementation
- Promotes the formation of bone-building cells
- Contains bioavailable K2
- Increases bone density
- Inhibits calcification of arteries and other soft tissue
- Promotes better insulin sensitivity
- Helps in the development of better teeth
Medicinal Ingredients: Each softgel contains: Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) (MK-7) (natto bean)120 mcgVitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) (lanolin)1000 IU (25 mcg)
Vitamin K + D from Natural Factors features vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 (MK-7), an advanced, fat-soluble form of vitamin K that serves multiple functions in the body. Vitamin K2 plays a critical role in protecting the heart, as well as in building strong bones. As a director of calcium, vitamin K2 guides the mineral toward tissues where it is needed, such as bones, and away from tissues where it could have a negative effect, such as arteries. The highly bioavailable MK-7 from natto beans is the only form of K2 that offers 24-hour protection in a single daily dose. Other commercially available subtypes of K2, such as MK-4, only last four to six hours in the body and are required in much larger dosages to be effective.
Vitamin D is also a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for calcium absorption, playing an important role in the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. Ongoing and current research outlines the importance of vitamin D in the prevention of osteoporosis. It helps calcium absorption from the intestines, reduces calcium excretion, and facilitates calcium incorporation into the bones. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the safe, natural, and more biologically active form of vitamin D.
Vitamin K + D from Natural Factors provides the ideal ratio of two major fat-soluble vitamins for overall health and support of bones and vascular health.